I am not a huge torrent downloader myself,
but since I came to know about the popularity of torrents, and about ThePirateBay, I thought to give it a shot. I tried to download Open Suse, the free operating system (just to test- I wanted to do this for a long time). Since it was a big file (4 GB or so), I got a chance to explore things while downloading this. I came to know about many new things. I tried many new clients, and wish to analyse two of them which struck me the most, for others who are unable to determine which client to use. I tried µTorrent and Bitlord (I used others like basic BitTorrent client but liked these two).

Here is what I learned:


µTorrent is truly a miniature client, and very efficient. Bitlord is another great client which gives great download-upload rates.

Now a pointwise comparison between these two:

  • µTorrent is a great client, but I found a big defect in it. It does not connect to seeds/peers very slowly. Bitlord connects faster. All the Settings of both the clients were the same, and also the same ports were used.
  • µTorrent has another problem- it has no proper peer banning option. The procedure is a bit tedious. Bitlord is very fine in this thing.
  • Bitlord has a big file size, while µTorrent is a very small file. It encompasses many features which are proper of a good client.
  • BitLord does not support DHT.
  • µTorrent does not support NAT traversal.
  • BitLord is an Adware.

The most significant problem with µTorrent is that it does not give a high download speed, while Bitlord has got a distinction (in my mind) of giving the highest download speeds.This made me use Bitlord and discard µTorrent as my personal client. Since my bandwith is not very high, I prefer Bitlord, as it provides a high download speed.


So, at the end, I would like to state that personally I like Bitlord better, though the large number of people who use µTorrent tell the popularity of this clients. The people have their own thoughts, and I have mine. I have stated mine, and would like others to suggest their thoughts.

See also, how can every torrent user can evade being caught

0 comments